***I want my Reality in Eternity...yes Lord?*

~I miss the Garden Days...I Need an Intense Longing for Your Spirit to Fill me,to Have the Bible as my Manual 4 Living... MORE than Anything else, to Meet You,Overwhelmed & In Awe...in Eden...In Communion & Fellowship...~

Monday, November 15, 2010

Edena (E-de (sounds like dee) -na)

E-de-na ('e' vowel sound, 'de'-di, 'na'-nuh)

Edena Koh Song en.

Eden, the garden flowing with springs of living water, the vision that I see each time I pray about En En's Christian name :) Isaiah 51:3 Eden - the name which the Lord gave unto me in the first half of 2010 when I read 'Walking in the Wilderness' by John Bevere.

Eden - The name which encompasses 'Song' (songs of melody) and 'En' (thanksgiving).

I spoke to many ones and sought their opinions.

And I waivered.

I sought an alternative - Edena was the first variant that came to my mind but...hmmm....?


Continued seeking the Lord and decided that I should go for a common name that I am okay with. One that has the approval of most people. Ha, approval of people more than the heart of God for my little one...that's me, Ariel, trying to win the approval of man....again.


Then Sister Dianne sent me a message. 'I dreamt that you named your child 'Adena' or 'Edena'.


I asked her if it was from God. She said she only dreamt about my pregnancy twice. Once I was pregnant and my womb was full of treasure, this was the other time.


So I kept her message at the back of my mind. I did not want a variant, especially if the variant traces back to 2 root names instead of 1 - Edna and Eden.

Danny and I moved on to find more names. August 31, I've selected a list of names and placed it on Facebook.

Then over the months, Danny and I struggled between Danielle and Eden until November 8 2010 when I decided on Danielle and posted the name up on Facebook again 'tentatively' (for others) ...and officially (for me).


November 9, no peace...
November 10, no peace...


November 11, and I knew. The vision came as usual, a garden with fountains of living water was the impression in my heart, Eden.

November 12, Danny prayed and struggled. He did not want to settle for Edenia (The name we came up with when we looked for a variant of Eden that will not trace back to any other root name). He did not like the 'nia' sound as the extension of 'Eden'. He wanted the root name or nothing at all but the Lord gave him peace and convinced him that it is not what he wants but what God wants for En En.

November 13, we were walking to the market when I asked Danny if he wanted Eden, Edenia or Edena. I shared my concerns about Edena tracing back to two root names. I asked Danny if he thinks our child will be a warrior. He looked at me and said, that was what he thought of the previous night and that morning when he prayed. He was praying for En En to be a worship... per? ..war... and he stopped short because he did not want his child to war. It would be a hard life *snigger snigger* :) but there was no other words that fitted into his prayer and he did not want to slot 'warrior' in.

Edena - Edna (warrior) and Eden (delightful). Irony how Mummy who has been prophesied as a warrior on many trips and occasions received the name, 'Eden' (Mild, sweet, safe and delightful name) while Daddy, the gentle, meek and peace-loving man received the impression, 'warrior' (Edna), as the destiny of baby.


E-de-na, the name that was dreamt by our friend.



November 14, Edena Koh Song En.




I hope you like your name.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


*Please pray with me each time u read this*

1) That i may be broken before the Lord daily
2) That I may abide in Him and that He may abide in me
3) That the Peace of God may direct my steps daily
4) That the Joy of the Lord be the Light of my life
5) That the Love of the Lord will overflow out of me