***I want my Reality in Eternity...yes Lord?*

~I miss the Garden Days...I Need an Intense Longing for Your Spirit to Fill me,to Have the Bible as my Manual 4 Living... MORE than Anything else, to Meet You,Overwhelmed & In Awe...in Eden...In Communion & Fellowship...~

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Better Half

Yesterday BK and Huey came by our house to pass us the electronic breast pump and nipple cream. She bought Famous Amos cookies for En En as well. :)

It's amazing how she and BK got along so well. The other day at Waruku, she looked so happy when BK appeared. That's what marriage should be like.

Like when I look at Danny, I feel immense joy, I feel blissful and I am filled with thanksgiving because every part of me cries out, "This is the PERFECT man for MEEEeeee." How my heart rejoices because he is just so adorable and everything I need...though I never knew he would bring so much joy prior to our marriage.

My friend told me the other day that it is hard to trust in marriages because they can be so broken. That's true, I mean I don't really understand because I do not see it happening in my family, or in my immediate family.

But to me, marriage will work as long as both parties commit to it, as long as no one decides to run away or to give up on the covenant. As long as no one is turning their back on past promises and assurance (from God if they have sought Him), then it will work. Therefore the success of a marriage, in my simple terms, is highly dependent on the character of the both parties - the stability that they put in to sustain the marriage.

Then there is this God factor that is evident in families when they allow God's will and purposes to take place and flourish within their lives and household. It is an active desire and willingness to include the seeking of God as a family in the routines established at home, a worldview that is shared and passed down in the family from generation to generation. Sometimes we pass down things untrue and it becomes a curse and warps our minds and hearts and causes us to miss out on the promises of God.


But I must say, how many of us can be assured of our spouses' faithfulness and character? There were those who seems perfect in the beginning but did not managed to run the end of the race well. They strayed.

Therefore, I think it is still a leap of faith- this marriage thingy.

I just thank God when I see so many church members taking the leap of faith and feeling so satisfied with their husbands....haha like Renie, Grassie, Huey, and many who walked the journey before us...


All these men that we were once wary of...or even at one point in time, disgusted with or thought were not fantastic brothers, have risen up and taken their places of authority in the household. I really feel that BK is taking up his leadership role as the man in the house. I feel the same for Weiwen. I feel the same for Danny. Ain't HL doing that too? And I am so proud of them.

Let us not breathe words that comes from a haughty spirit to run down another brother. The men who stand before us may be going to lead women who thinks too highly of themselves. Feminism really has no place in the kingdom of God. It tears down a family, at least that's how Ifeel :)

Onward Christian brothers! All of you are doing a great job! Well done! We are proud of you. You will be great and we must believe and hope for you so that you can be encouraged to be greater. And that is our role, to support, to believe, to encourage, to hope, to respect and to love.


I love you, Danny.

I respect you, Danny :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


*Please pray with me each time u read this*

1) That i may be broken before the Lord daily
2) That I may abide in Him and that He may abide in me
3) That the Peace of God may direct my steps daily
4) That the Joy of the Lord be the Light of my life
5) That the Love of the Lord will overflow out of me