***I want my Reality in Eternity...yes Lord?*

~I miss the Garden Days...I Need an Intense Longing for Your Spirit to Fill me,to Have the Bible as my Manual 4 Living... MORE than Anything else, to Meet You,Overwhelmed & In Awe...in Eden...In Communion & Fellowship...~

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Ruth

In my bible reading from the Life Application Bible, i learnt that one of the themes in Ruth surrounds prosperity and blessing.

Explanation:

Ruth and Naomi came to Bethleham as poor widows, but they soon became prosperous thru Ruth's marriage to Boaz. Ruth became the great grandmother of King David. Yet the greatest blessing was not the money, the marriage or the child; it was the quality of love and respect between Ruth, Boaz and Naomi.

Importance:

We tend to think of blessings in terms of prosperity rather than the high quality relationships God makes possible for us. No matter what our economic situation, we can love and respect the people God has brought into our lives. In so doing, we give and receive blessings. Love is the greatest blessing.

These days i have been very disturbed by Danny's workload and from seeing him so tired...i asked God why everything seemed so tough on him...yes, i noe God gave him small mercies daily but i din see how i could contribute....the above spoke to me...simply because i believe GOd is not just blessing me by helping me to experience Him so much these days but also to be able to bless Danny through the overflowing love that GOd has given to me...one of those periods when i am not throwing tantrum even though i did not play enough...even though my darling is so tired...even though life is not exciting...Indeed, the Lord has blessed our relationship that he may be renewed and supported as he goes through the demanding routines of work life..may our love and close walk with GOd be our greatest blessing through storms and in face of adversity.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second lesson:

1 Samuel 4: 5-8 The Philistines were afraid because they remembered God's stories about GOd's intervention for Israel when they left Egypt. But Israel has turned away from GOd and was clinging to only a form of godliness, a symbol of former victories.
People often try to live on memories of GOd's blessings. The Israelites wrongly assumed that because the Lord has given them victory in the past, He would do it again, even though they had strayed far from Him. Today, as in bible times, spiritual victories come through a continually renewed relationship with God. Don't live off the past. Keep your relationship with GOd new and fresh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


*Please pray with me each time u read this*

1) That i may be broken before the Lord daily
2) That I may abide in Him and that He may abide in me
3) That the Peace of God may direct my steps daily
4) That the Joy of the Lord be the Light of my life
5) That the Love of the Lord will overflow out of me